The Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 VC PZD Di-II LD Lens for Nikon is a 15x high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras using the more compact (APS-C) digital size image sensors. This lens is designed as an "all-in-one" lens. It will meet almost all photographic opportunities without you having to change lenses.
The Piezo Drive (PZD) ultrasonic autofocus motor helps you to get the focus at a faster speed so you won’t miss a shot. The PZD motor also makes this lens lighter, shorter, slimmer and quitter than any previous lens in this category.
With the Vibration Compensation (VC) mechanism, you can use a much slower shutter speeds than otherwise possible, without noticeable increase in image blur. The VC mechanism automatically detects movement of the camera and compensates for camera shake when shooting a moving object. This feature is a must in a lens with this longer range of focal length.
This lens is designed exclusively for DSLR cameras with smaller-size sensors. It is NOT compatible with 35mm film cameras and DSLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24 x 16mm.
- Compact, lightweight 15x zoom lens
- For use with Nikon digital SLR cameras
- For APS-C image sensor cameras
- A new level of compactness, performance, and speed is achieved with the addition of PZD ultrasonic autofocus motor
- VC system is incorporated into the lens
- Two LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements to enhance the optical quality
- Focal Length: 18 - 270 mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3
- Aperture Minimum: f/22 - 40
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
- Format Compatibility: Nikon DX, FX in DX Crop Mode
- Angle of View: 75° - 5°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19.3" (49 cm)
- Magnification: 0.26x
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:3.8
- Groups/Elements: 13/16
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: No
- Filter Thread: 62 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 2.9 x 3.8" (7.37 x 9.65 cm)
- Weight: 15.87 oz (450 g)
- 1x Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 VC PZD Di-II LD Lens for Nikon
- 1x Front & Rear lens caps
- 1x Lens hood