- 64x Filter Factor, 6 Stop
- Darkens Entire Image
- Allows Reduced Shutter Speed
- Allows Wider Aperture
- MRC Multi-Resistant Coating
- Nano Coating
- Schott Glass Construction
- 67mm Front Filter Threads
- Thin Brass Filter Ring
- Plastic Case
The B+W 67mm XS-Pro MRC-Nano 806 Solid Neutral Density 1.8 Filter is an ND filter with a 64x filter factor that provides a 6-stop exposure reduction. Its 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters provides an additional eighth layer over the MRC, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and colour fidelity. This filter features a thin brass filter ring to minimise the potential for vignetting while enhancing durability and jamming prevention. To further reduce the possibility of vignetting when this filter is in use, the filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size. This may prevent the use of some lens manufacturer bayonet hoods.
- 1.8 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing a 6-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters
- Multicoated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity
- Thin brass filter ring helps to prevent vignetting, jamming, and provides additional strength
- Plastic case included for storage and transport