- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- 4K Video with No Crop
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit 4K Video at 24/30p
- 5-Axis Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. 2
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Advanced DFD AF System; 6K & 4K PHOTO
- ISO 25600 and 12 fps Continuous Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24-70mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Four Aspherical Elements
- One UED Element and One UHR Element
- Nano Surface Coating
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer
- Splash, Dust, and Freezeproof Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Major Firmware Update:
1. Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless
transmitters [GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and
"Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
2. Improved AF performance
• [Animal Detect.] has been added to AF mode. Utilizing Advanced AI
Technology, animals, including canidae, felidae and birds, can be detected in
addition to humans. The focus frame is automatically set on the target subject
by analyzing the size and position of the target subject in the viewing image.
The camera keeps tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the
• It is possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in
[Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect.] mode.
[GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON:
Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift]
preferably focuses on a subject far away.
• A Focus Peaking function is available not only in MF mode but also in any AF
• It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video
mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is
4. Other major improvements
[GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• [AWBw]has been added to WB mode.
• [Highlight Weighted] has been added to [Metering mode].
• [Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to the Custom menu, which enables
adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
• [0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto
• AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
• [MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the
frame rate for smooth image displays to enable easier manual focusing.
Upgraded, redesigned, and filled with features, the Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera from Panasonic provides an outstanding imaging platform for shooters who demand some of the best video and still photography quality they can get in a single compact camera. At the heart of the camera is a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor and a newly developed Venus Engine processor, which both offer dramatically improved processing times over its predecessor. This enables the ability to record 4K video at up to 60 fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording with select settings, Full HD video at up to 180 fps, 12 fps continuous shooting, and sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Also, the camera features built-in 5-axis sensor stabilization, which can work with certain lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly effective shake correction that can compensate for up to 5 stops of shutter speed. Other improvements include a speedier and more accurate Advanced DFD autofocus system that can lock on in just 0.05 seconds, as well as 6K PHOTO at 30 fps and 4K PHOTO at up to 60 fps.
Along with all these internal improvements, the body received some significant upgrades as well. For viewing and composing images both the 0.76x OLED viewfinder and 3.2" free-angle touchscreen received resolution bumps to 3.68m dots and 1.62 m dots, respectively. This will make shooting more comfortable and more accurate. The magnesium alloy body is now freezeproof to 14°F in addition to splash and dustproof. For fast image transfer and saving, there are now two UHS-II SD card slots. Additionally, for a completely wireless setup it offers both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for advanced functionality when paired with a mobile app.