Get a FREE Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens with puchase of Panasonic LUMIX G95/G9/GH5II/GH5S/GH5 Mirrorless Camera!
Valid 01/09/2021 -- 30/09/2021
Make your purchase today!
- 10.28MP Multi Aspect Ratio MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60p and Full HD 1080/240p Video
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit Long GOP
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Native ISO 400 and ISO 2500
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Advanced DFD AF System
- 12 fps Cont. Shooting and 4K PHOTO Modes
Major Firmware Update:
1. Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless
transmitters [GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
2. Improved AF performance
• [Animal Detect.] has been added to AF mode. Utilizing Advanced AI
Technology, animals, including canidae, felidae and birds, can be detected in
addition to humans. The focus frame is automatically set on the target subject
by analyzing the size and position of the target subject in the viewing image.
The camera keeps tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the
• It is possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in [Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect.] mode.
[GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
• A Focus Peaking function is available not only in MF mode but also in any AF mode.
• It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
4. Other major improvements
[GH5] [GH5S] [G9]
• [AWBw]has been added to WB mode.
• [Highlight Weighted] has been added to [Metering mode].
• [Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to the Custom menu, which enables adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
• [0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
• AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
• [MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image displays to enable easier manual focusing.
Proving that they can push the GH-series even farther into the video realm, the Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5Sis a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera optimized for movie recording and low-light performance. Revolving around a 10.28MP Digital Live MOS sensor, DCI and UHD 4K video recording is possible at up to 60p and the large individual pixel size also affords impressive low-light performance to an extended ISO 204800, along with Dual Native ISO technology at ISO 400 and ISO 2500. Coupled with an updated Venus Engine, the sensor and processor combination also enables faster readout speeds along with 1.3x less rolling shutter distortion compared to previous GH-series cameras. Internal DCI 4K30p recording is available with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling and a full-size HDMI A connector can be used to simultaneously output to an optional external monitor or recorder. The sensor's extended sensitivity range has also been used to promote working with V-Log L and Hybrid Log Gamma HDR modes for effectively increasing your dynamic range and affording more flexibility when color grading during post-production.
Beyond its video prowess, the GH5S is no slouch when it comes to stills shooting, either. The sensor and Venus Engine combination enable recording 14-bit raw files with a top continuous shooting rate of 12 fps with single-shot AF, or up to 8 fps with continuous autofocus. Borrowing from the video side, 4K PHOTO modes are also available for shooting 8MP stills at up to 60 fps. Benefitting stills, the Depth-From-Defocus AF system works quickly and accurately using 225 dedicated AF areas, and is sensitive to -5 EV luminance for working in extreme low-light conditions.
Beyond imaging specs, the GH5S retains its professional build quality the GH-series is known for. The magnesium alloy body is fully weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions, and physical controls have been enhanced for easier tactile control. A large 3.68m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is featured, for high-resolution eye-level monitoring, as well as a rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen with free-angle movement to suit working from high and low angles. Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are available for flexible file recording and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth wireless connectivity enable seamless image sharing and remote camera control from a mobile device.