Lightweight, nimble, and fast, the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 is the sleekest f/2.8 zoom for FX-format cameras Nikon has ever produced. Spanning a wide-angle to portrait-length range and featuring a bright design that excels in low-light and for controlling depth of field, this lens is all about versatility in a compact package.
- Covering wide-angle to short-telephoto focal lengths, this lens is ideal for a variety of shooting situations, including landscape, street, portraiture, documentary, and travel applications.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in available lighting conditions and offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus effects.
- One Super ED element and one extra-low dispersion element greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Stepping motor maintains quick and quiet autofocus performance that's ideal for both photo and video needs.
- An internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.5" benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Focus breathing has been suppressed to benefit video use and maintain a consistent field of view when changing focus.
- Impressively compact and lightweight design for an f/2.8 standard zoom, this lens measures just 4.8" long when retracted and weighs 30% less than the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lens.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions. There is also an antifouling coating on the front of the lens that resists smudging, fingerprints, and dirt and is easy to clean.