- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
A fast telephoto prime, the Nikon F-mount 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM from Sigma pairs bright and sophisticated optics with intuitive handling and design. As part of the Art line of lenses, this 135mm f/1.8 is designed for high-resolution rendering and utilises FLD and SLD glass to control chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for notable clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, making it an ideal lens for portraiture, the bright f/1.8 maximum aperture pairs with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imaging with smooth bokeh.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilises Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime telephoto lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however, it can also be used on DX models where it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realises quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce a smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.