Terms & Conditions
This page sets out the terms and conditions that apply to all purchases that are made by the customer (also referred to as “you”) from Wave Images Limited t/a Photogear (also referred to as ”Photogear”, “we”, “us” and “ourselves”). This includes online sales through photogear.co.nz, Trademe sales, over the phone or email purchases and in store sales from our showroom.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to the Photogear website. It is your obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions on the Photogear website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
PRICING AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
Every effort is made to ensure the prices and product information on our website are accurate. Instances may arise in which a product(s) are priced incorrectly on the website or where the product information supplied is inaccurate. Photogear will not be held bound by the incorrect price(s) in cases where such error(s) occur. If for any mispriced item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, contact you for instruction before shipping or cancel the order if you no longer wish to proceed with the transaction. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates and consequent variances in our local suppliers’ pricing, as well as the occurrence of periodic supplier price increases, Photogear cannot guarantee that the price at which an item is backordered will be the price at which the goods will be sold once stock has landed in Auckland. In such instances Photogear will either refund the customer the price paid or charge the difference in price to the customer should the customer still wish to go ahead with the transaction. Photogear will not be held responsible for errors in the product information supplied.
GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST)
GST is charged at 15%. All prices listed on our website are inclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.
WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE
Unless otherwise stated, products brought from us are covered by a limited manufacturer's warranty (minimum term of 12 months from date of purchase). The warranty is in place to protect you against manufacturing defect only and it is not a replacement warranty.
If you returned a defective item to us within the warranty period, we will send the item to the supplier or manufacturer for assessment. If the item is covered by the warranty (situations where the product is not covered by the warranty are listed below) we will follow the manufacturer’s repair/replacement procedure. Photogear is not obliged to replace the item or to refund you for the paid amount. We may replace the item or refund you at our absolute discretion.
Items sold will not be covered by warranty if they are damaged by liquid, impact or any misuse by user. In addition, removal of any label, tampering, or any unauthorized use also voids the warranty.
Photogear is not obliged to repair items outside of the warranty period or if the items are no longer covered by the warranty. However, in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service, we will gladly refer you to the network of repair agents that we have business dealings with. The repair will be at your own expense.
We honor the Consumer’s Guarantees Act and any relevant consumer rights legislation.
Please contact our service department at firstname.lastname@example.org for all support needs.
Stock of all goods on offer is limited. Photogear shall take all reasonable efforts to discontinue the offer as soon as stock is no longer available. However, should items still be offered after stocks are sold, Photogear shall only be liable to refund monies where it is unable to fulfill orders at advertised prices. Where goods are advertised as having an estimated delivery time, or are on backorder, Photogear is not responsible for delays on these estimates. These estimates are merely guidelines and may shift with stock availability and supplier scheduling.
1. Credit Card Payment:
We accept payment from MasterCard and Visa credit card only. We unfortunately do not accept American Express. For security reasons, we do not store credit card information for online orders.
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the amount of the order. As a protection against fraud, we reserves the right to request ID documents, credit card billing statements and photocopies of any credit card or CCV number used to make purchases from us. We reserves the right to refuse to ship orders to customers refusing to make such information available or whose information is suspicious in anyway, in which case the credit card holder will be refunded.
2. Bank Deposit:
If you would like to pay by bank deposit, our bank account details are as follows:
Account Name: Photogear
Account Number: 02-1244-0095696-83
Please quote your invoice number or trademe reference number as a reference.
3. Cash and EFTPOS:
We accept cash and EFTPOS payment in store.
Layby is available on selected products, please discuss with the sales team for more information.
Note: For Trademe, online and over the phone orders, delivery will only be arranged once full payment is received.
All orders with full payment made before 2:00pm will be shipped on the same day (except for weekends and public holidays), subject to availability and security check. Otherwise it will be shipped on the next working day. If any items are backordered we will contact you with estimated delivery.
On receipt of parcel, before signing for them, please make sure the total number of parcels matches with the consignment note or courier ticket. Please check for any visible damage. If total number of parcels does not match the consignment note or courier ticket, or there is visible damage to the parcel, please note to courier driver before signing or alternatively, please reject signing for parcel if the parcel is significantly damaged.
Please advise us of any discrepancy or damages immediately, as claims will not be accepted if made after 7 days.
Please note that the courier companies will not accept responsibility for any claims if you sign a clean proof of delivery (i.e. sign for a parcel) when you have received damaged or short supplied parcels; therefore any claim to Photogear will be declined if a clean proof of delivery is produced.
If you have any queries in regards to damage, short supply or missing parcels, please feel free to contact our friendly service team on 09 479 2886 or email email@example.com
Do not fill out the manufacturer's warranty cards or throw away any packaging materials such as boxes, instructions, inserts, bags, etc. until you are completely sure you want to keep the equipment. Photogear cannot accept return with completed warranty cards, or damaged or missing packaging.
Photogear will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any equipment purchased from us. It is important to read all instruction manuals before using your equipment.
RETURN / REFUND AND EXCHANGE
Giving our customers peace of mind:
We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make. If you experience any problem or concern, please refer to the options provided for below. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Guarantee Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
We will give you a full refund or let you exchange for a different products for most goods if the goods are returned to us within 14 days of purchase and all the conditions listed below are met.
If any of the conditions are not met or if the goods are received after 14 days from the purchase date, we reserve the right to refuse the return or we may charge a handling and restocking fee of 15% of the original price. Product can also be exchanged for a credit towards another purchase at no penalty. Credit must be used within one year of the original purchase.
Conditions for full refund or exchange:
- The returned item is not included in the “Non-refundable item” list below; and
- You must provide the original invoice (or a copy) along with the return; and
- All returned or exchanged items must be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all.
- The return is done so at the expense of the customer, who will cover all courier fees involved. This will be deducted from the product purchase price if a refund is required.
- For an exchange, the client is liable for the courier fee for both the return and resending of the new replacement item.
- Software and DVD’s are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging and plastic seal has not been unsealed or tampered with in any way.
- Goods which have been ordered through special arrangement or custom order and which is not a normal stock item may only be returned if defective.
- Goods, which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
- Items that are on specials.
- Any exchanged products.
For online orders, in order to request a return, the following steps need to take place:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting for the return or exchange.
- We will then issue an RMA number for your request. Please send the product back to us with a copy of the original invoice with the RMA number. When sending the items to us, please make sure you put the items in a suitable cardboard box and sealed properly for the return journey.
- Once the parcel has been received and inspected, we will contact you to let you know the outcome.
- If we have accepted the return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- Photogear Credit Voucher
- Bank Transfer (please allow 5 working days)
- Cash or EFTPOS (if the customer is in store at the time of refund)
- Credit Card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
- Generally, you will be refunded in the same manner in which you paid Photogear.
Our Address for Return Parcel is:
Photogear ATT: Return & Exchange
Unit 3, 2 Tawa Drive
Albany Auckland 0632
Photogear follows strict privacy and confidentiality policy. No credit card information is stored on our website – it is processed securely via ‘eWay’, a registered payment gateway that operates closely with all major banks. We will use the information you give us to process your order and keep you informed of its progress, to give effect to your payment instructions, to deliver your purchase to you, and to meet any warranty information required by our suppliers.
If you choose to subscribe to our free newsletter, we will use any additional information you choose to give us for the following purposes:
- to contact you with special offers from time-to-time;
- to advise you of new products, supplier offers, instruction courses, upgrades, and other benefits which directly address your own areas of interest, hobbies, pastimes;
- to bring you exclusive information about special, discounts, close-outs, sale items, and similar offers;
- to enter you automatically into competitions where you can win an array of exciting prizes on a regular basis.
All content on Photogear’s website is either owned by our suppliers or us. On behalf of our suppliers and ourselves, we claim all property rights, including intellectual property rights, for this content and you are not allowed to infringe upon those rights. You agree not to copy content from our website without our permission. Any requests to use our content should be submitted to us by e-mail. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by our website content, please notify us by sending an e-mail.